Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I'm Tired

Here's a look at my day so far (it's currently 1:45pm MDT).

6:30am - Elaine wakes up; Phil leaves for work
7:00am - I put on Baby Einstein "On the Go" so I can get showered/dressed, etc.
7:45am - I change Elaine's diaper and see red welts all over her body. I don't know what they are. I freak out.
8:00am - We watch the Wiggles so Elaine won't notice that I'm freaking out and therefore she won't.
8:30am - Call the pediatrician, schedule an appt. for 9am
9am - Elaine has hives and eczema and we don't know why. Probably a food allergy but we got prescriptions for 1) anti-itch cream for the eczema, 2) Zyrtec for the hives. But we're going to try Benadryl first for the hives and see if that helps.
9:30am - Walgreens to drop off her prescriptions and get the Benadryl, soap and lotion recommended by the dr.
9:45am - Home to get diaper bag, juice and water for Elaine
9:55am - Buy gas ($41!!)
10am - My (rushed) haircut
10:40am - On the road, across town to my dr. appt.
11:20am - 5 minutes late for my appt. Elaine is screaming because she's tired and hivey - and I brought in her water instead of her juice (bad mommy)
11:35am - Baby's heartbeat is about 150 bpm but my blood pressure is high (gee, I wonder why). Also I mention that I've had headaches for the last 3 weeks which my dr. thinks could be related to the high blood pressure (if today isn't a fluke) or could be allergies. So I, too, have a prescription for Zyrtec.
11:45am - Blood draw (which already freaks me out normally) while trying to hold and calm screaming/crying 21 month old child
11:55am - Lose ticket for parking lot.....but thankfully quickly find it again when I get to the car
12:50pm - Finally get to eat lunch - sitting in the Wendy's parking lot so Elaine stays asleep...because Phil has called to say that when he stopped by the house to get his cell phone (which he forgot this morning - so I wasn't able to reach him all morning) the construction crew was about to start paving in front of our house and I supposedly wouldn't be able to get into my house for at least an hour.
1pm - They haven't started paving yet, thankfully. But now Elaine's awake. So she has lunch and now I'm tired and want to nap....but guess who doesn't.
And my day's only 1/2 over.

Oh and Elaine has been running around for 2 days saying "Uncle Matt", "Denise" and "Becky". Thought you'd be happy to hear that.

Hope you're all having a marvelous day! Take a nap for me.....and maybe a quart of tequila.

2 comments:

Kellyry said...

I'm exhausted just reading about your morning!

DeniseMarie said...

HAHAHAHA. I'm sorry to say this, but your entire morning sounds horrid. A complete nightmare. Am I going to have to rethink this whole having kids thing yet again??? You poor thing.... (But I'm thrilled to hear that E is finally starting to say my name, yay!!)