Monday, November 5, 2007

My New Job

Today I begin my new job - full-time, stay-at-home mom. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. For the first time in almost 11 years, I am "unemployed." I'm definitely excited about being with Elaine and the new baby (when she gets here) full time.....I just hope I can handle it! Even the three days a week that I've been home for the last 2 years, I've still had work to do. Now I don't have to think about contracts or paying invoices or our department budget....just baby and toddler stuff. Hope I don't go crazy!

3 comments:

DeniseMarie said...

That sounds like heaven on earth to me right now. But I know when it's your reality, and all you have on the agenda for the day is wiping up vomit and poo and doing laundry...well, it can get old really fast, I imagine. But E and Natalie are so lucky to have you as a mom and to have you at home with them. And once you settle into a routine and are able to schedule in some weekly a/o monthly "mommy activities," I'm sure it will all be good. Just now, thinking about being "unemployed," I imagine it's difficult. Hang in there. And log on regularly to IM me. Pretty soon you won't have the time, energy, or inclination to think about your old office work.

DeniseMarie said...

I'm eating baby carrots with my lunch, and RIGHT after I submitted that last comment an uncontrollable sneeze came upon me out of nowhere. So I had to clean tiny bits of chomped up carrot from my hand, monitor, and keyboard. I have glimpsed my future as a mom, and it was ugly. Very ugly.

Kellyry said...

C:I'm sure it will be hard, but in the end, oh-so-gratifying (or so I hear!). You are making a very sacrificial choice. Your kids will thank you for it, even if it's only because they'll need less therapy. :-)

(D:OH, YUCK!!!!)