Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Maybe not...

So I remade the salve yesterday without the vitamin E oil. Coconut oil, olive oil, beeswax plus the EOS - LLP and LLM (M being melaleuca or tea tree oil). I applied them on her legs last night which were shredded a few days ago. She slept pretty well during the night. This morning, when I dressed her, I did the same thing. LLM on her legs and knees and LLP on the bottoms of her feet. Twenty minutes later, her legs are bloody. What I don't know is why. Is she itching from the salve? That seems the most obvious answer. But what could be causing the problem now.

I'm beginning to think that putting anything on her skin is just a bad idea. She can't tolerate any traditional lotion/cream which is why I began to make some. But it seems she can't tolerate the homemade ones either. So far only Manuka honey has been really successful but I can't have her bandaged up like a mummy all the time.

I just read an article about a child who can literally only eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or he becomes violently ill. I can't imagine what that family has gone through. Actually I CAN imagine it after dealing with Katherine. I'm just so sad for this poor family and realizing how easy I have it compared to others.

I need to find my positive outlook again. I know I used to have it....I just need to find where I left it.

No comments: