Monday, July 8, 2013

How Long Has It Been?

A couple of weeks ago I was watching my littlest playing at the kitchen table in her little sundress. It occurred to me, as I watched her chubby little arms, that it was the first time since she was 10 months old that she had bare arms, legs and feet and her skin wasn't scabby/bloody and rough. Then I remembered her first summer when she was five-six months old, I put her in little rompers with bare arms, legs and feet but even then, she had those horrible eczema patches on her body. So this summer was the first time since she was a newborn that she had clear skin! I started crying when I realized that. Makes me want to cry right now, too!

I may not have it all down yet but I'm getting better at managing her allergies. I don't even care right now if she never outgrows them (I reserve the right to change my mind on that). I'm so glad that she's happy and healthy! She is a force to be reckoned with, that's for sure!

No comments: