Tuesday, March 25, 2008

And One Year Ago Today....

I found out I was pregnant.

When we got to Los Angeles on March 21 (2007), we bought some supplies - diapers, juice, etc. I decided to buy a box of pregnancy tests too (don't ask). I took a test right away but I was so sure that I wasn't pregnant that I didn't even wait three minutes to see the test results. It initially showed negative so I threw it away.

At my friends' wedding though (see previous post), I began to wonder if I might be pregnant. So the next morning, as we were getting ready to leave California, I decided to take the other test in the box. I did the test and then I got in the shower. I convinced myself that I was just stressed from the long trip and the wedding - all with an 18 month old. I got out of the shower and glanced at the test on the floor and thought - yep, it's negative. But then...is there a second line there? I picked it up and it was positive! I was shocked and excited.

And nine months later...my sweet little Natalie was born. Now she's 16 weeks old.

1 comment:

Kellyry said...

What a fun occasion to have learned of Natalie's impending arrival!