Saturday, March 22, 2008

Finally...No Duct Tape

Last year, we began to strip the wallpaper off our bathroom walls. It was very slow going - I think that wallpaper had been up since 1982 when the house was built. I did as much as I could with just water. It was about time to start using some sort of chemical to get the wallpaper off when I found out I was pregnant. So that put an end to my wallpaper-stripping days. After a year of looking at walls like this:









we were finally fed up. Phil rented a steamer last week and we got rid of the rest of the wallpaper in about two hours. After helping for a little while, I went downstairs to fix dinner and pretty soon Phil comes down and says, "You know those shower doors that you hate to clean? You don't need to worry about that anymore." He had tried to clean the shower door with the steamer - but it didn't work too well. He cracked the door. So for the next 12 days our shower door looked like this:












But today that all changed. The new shower doors we ordered came in and our friend, Brett came down to help Phil install the new doors (and Sarah came to play with me, Elaine and Natalie). Don't they look great?

No comments: