Saturday, April 5, 2008

Knitting

When I was a kid, my mom led a 4-H group. We learned how to sew, cook, and knit (among other things). The sewing didn't stick - I'm really bad at it. But I did enjoy knitting. I made potholders and countless afghans over the years. Then in high school/college, my sister taught me how to crochet. I decided that I liked that better so again, I made several afghans.

But late last year, I decided that I wanted to take up knitting again. Maybe I was just nesting (I was in my third trimester). Anyway, I have made some scarves and hats recently. Then I decided that I wanted to learn to make clothes. So I made a baby sweater (actually I've done 2 but one of them isn't quite finished yet - it still has to be sewn together). Here it is. For my first real clothing project, I think it turned out pretty well!

4 comments:

Becky said...

This is gorgeous!! Job well done :-)
See if you can get a photo of the baby in the sweater for your records or scrapbook...super cute!

DeniseMarie said...

I'm so impressed! This looks great for anyone, let along a first project! Wow! Can't wait to see a picture of E or Natalie in it. :)

Plain Jane said...

Silly D! It's blue - for a boy. My friend is having a little boy next week. But I am almost done with a sweater for Natalie and I'll post pictures of that when it's done (but it won't fit her till fall/winter).

Kellyry said...

Awh, so sweet! (I too assumed it was for N or E, and that you were just promoting gender/color neutralness. :-)