Monday, April 9, 2012

Bursting with Pride

Easter was a really busy weekend this year. Our worship leader at church worked with the kids on an Easter pageant which was performed on Saturday afternoon. It was a very cute show. My favorite part was my six-year-old's little solo in one of the songs. She did such a great job.

Then on Sunday, she was one of 12 children who was asked to sing in a children's choir up on stage during the regular service. I would have terrified of being up on stage when I was six. But she was so confident. (I don't have a picture - just a video of the song which a) is kinda long and b) I have no clue how to post. But if I figure it out, I'll let you know.)

Sap that I am, I cried through both of these performances. Next time, I must remember to bring kleenex.

All three of my girls were sweet little beauties in their Easter finery. The big girls got to go shopping and pick out their own dresses, shoes and accessories this year. I would never have picked these dresses for them but these girls know what they want. And they were right - they chose the best dresses. (Lest you think otherwise, we know that Easter isn't just about dresses....or candy. My big girls asked for Bibles for Easter and they got them. Elaine spent the afternoon reading Genesis.)


Our family Easter 2012.


1 comment:

DeniseMarie said...

Love the dresses, but love the girls more. Can't wait to see you all next week! Do you think E will sing her solo for us?