Tuesday, March 27, 2007

California Dreaming

I just got back from my wonderful vacation in California. 10 days is a long time to travel with an 18 month old but we all had a good time - aside from filthy motel rooms, a stolen credit card, a lost iPod and various lost sippy cups/toys. But my best friends got married and I think I made a new friend, Kelly. There were other good things that happened....but that's for another posting.

We spent a couple of days at Sequoia National Park. It was a nice time to be there - very few visitors. We didn't get to see everything because many of the roads were closed due to the snow. But it was beautiful up there and amazing to see the sequoia trees.

After that, we headed to LA for the wedding. It was so nice to spend time with my friend before her wedding. And I got to know her friend, Kelly, which was really fun. I was surprised at how many of our friends from Colorado went out to the wedding.
I know I have more to share our the vacation....but I'm too tired right at the moment. (On a completely unrelated topic.....I am trying the salsa recipe again this week with some variations so I'll let you know how it turns out.)

6 comments:

Kellyry said...

I'm your friend! Yeah! I had a great time with you too. (And of course with Elaine & Phil ;-) Looking forward to future events!

Kellyry said...

(and also to salsa recipe modifications...)

Kellyry said...

Major bummer about the iPod! (And of course the credit card but that can be replaced for free at least)

Plain Jane said...

Phil found the iPod!!! Now I was sort of excited about the fact that I was going to get a new one (a video one)...but I'm relieved that we don't have to spend that money now. Yay!

Kellyry said...

Yeah for the found iPod! Now you can use the money you WOULD have spent on that for something fun & fabulous for yourself. Completely deserved, of course.

DeniseMarie said...

It makes me happy that my friends like each other. :)