Thursday, February 2, 2012

(Not Hot) Pockets

No, I'm not here to talk about Hot Pockets (gross) or Jim Gaffigan (love him). I just discovered History Pockets and Literature Pockets. Awesome idea for homeschool or even "regular" school reinforcement.

I ordered Life in Plymouth Colony and Native Americans for my oldest. I also ordered Folktales and Fairy Tales Literature Pockets for the two oldest (6 and 4) girls. I can't wait to get started! The idea is to make booklet on the topic. Each "page" is a pocket for a different topic, like sailing on Mayflower, or a colonial home, or the Sioux tribe. Each pocket has a lesson to read to the child and specific crafts for them to do to reinforce the learning. Plus it's fun. The first one we'll do is sailing on the Mayflower. There are vocabulary words to learn in addition to making the Mayflower and a trunk where the child will decide which four things they would take to the New World. So fun! I can't wait to get started on these. I'll let you know how they work out!
      

No comments: